Monday, June 18, 2007

Janet Reno's Dance Party - The Main Attraction

You ever seen the skit with Rudy Giuliani at Janet Reno's dance party? It's awesome. I tried finding it online, but nothing really came up. Sorry. This is a little more serious.

I haven't really been for or against Rudy Giuliani. For the most part, he seems to be a pretty decent leader. People really gravitate toward him, and I don't think there can be much doubt that New York was much better off under his leadership, and that especially became evident with 9/11. He's not really a social conservative, which seems to be a huge sticking point. Normally with me, it would be as well, but given the alternative - ANY of the democratic candidates - he doesn't seem so bad. So, with that in mind, I don't feel like he is such a bad option. And, I think he is a draw for both sides. I think if he were nominated, he would win the presidency. Last week, he gave 12 points that he intended to pursue as president of the United States. For the most part, it's impressive. You could argue that there is no real substance to it, but I think the point was more to give an outline of his intentions up through the election. So time will tell if he can come up with any viable options. Check it out and see what you think.

In another article, Jonah Goldberg gives a very compelling argument for free market schools. I think it's entirely convincing. But at the same time, I'm the same guy who just ordered Freedomnomics. Hopefully I will get through any of the 4 books that I just bought. Just in case you're wondering, here is a list of books that I'm currently reading:


  • 42nd Parallel
  • Catch-22
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Rough Stone Rolling
  • A Disciple's Life
  • Les Miserables

But that's it. Plus I'm trying to do loglinear assignments and finish up my categorical data analysis class and a few others. I'm kind of an idiot.

2 comments:

Dave said...

PLAY MY SONG!!!!

Silvs said...

If I fight so dirty, then how come my conscience feels so clean?