Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All Is Well

Can you believe how little I've blogged this past month? I was just looking today and I guess there have been only 16 posts this month. For most people this would probably be a ton, but usually I'm doing this stuff every weekday. That's the fewest of any month in the history of this blog, which is actually coming up on 2 years in May. Number of posts since its inception? Over 630.

I'm a freak.

I guess I've just hit one of those lag periods where I haven't been as motivated to write and post on everything that I've been reading. Truth be told, I've also actually been kind of busy this month. I know, I know. You're not buying it. I was out of town for several days at the beginning of the month, and then various things here and there have been taking up my attention. I've actually gotten some stuff done here and there, too. And I think at the end of the day, there has been a mix of emotions and events recently that have prevented me from a relaxed frame of mind that allows for thinking about sundry topics. Not that things have been bad for me. I've just had my attention scattered in different ways about different things for the last month. It's been interesting, but I'm feeling good about everything.

I'm excited because there are only a few weeks left in the semester. The hardest part about my TA responsibility is done. I just have my qualitative project left to work on, get a solid draft of my thesis to my professor, and finish up strong.

I just learned yesterday that my TA position got switched from Summer to Spring term, and that I won't be able to teach in the summer, which means I'll probably be home for July and August. What am I going to do for a summer job? I'm open to ANYTHING so let me know if you hear of anything. Even stupid stuff, like I'd kind of like to work as one of those vendors at Angel Stadium. I'll bet those guys make decent money on tips, plus I love being at the ballpark. Tonight I was even looking up jobs working on lobster boats, but I don't know if I could stomach the open seas.

You know what's funny about me and my blogging habits? Dave sent me an academic article about Guantanamo Bay, the procedures the US follows, and how the US abides by the Geneva Conventions in running that facility, thinking that I'd like to blog about it. It's funny to me that he thought I'd be interested, that I am, and that I'd even bother taking the time to do something like that. But people have their ways that they like to spend their time. Last night I met this guy who is working on altering a woman's tweed jacket that he found into something that he'd like to wear. People have their pet projects, and mine mostly revolves around exercise, reading, and writing. At least those are somewhat productive things.

I registered for the OC Mud Run on July 18th. You suckers in? I'll be back soon enough.

Peace. Be blessed, y'all.

2 comments:

Laura said...

i think working at angel stadium would be pretty fun, except you wouldn't really be able to sit and watch the game. i saw the angel spring training field over the weekend...not nearly as nice as the dodgers. you will have to come up to LA and visit us again this summer and meet our new baby girl.

Moomby said...

How about Hot Dog on a Stick?! I'm totally picturing your new default pic with that awesome hat on!

If you apply, I will too!

Strangely enough, at different times in my life, people have told me they can picture me working there, pumping that lemonade thing, saying "Welcome to Hot Dog on a Stick!"