Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Favorite Scrubs Episodes

Of course I'm supposed to be working on my thesis right now, so naturally I'm resorting to the blog as my outlet. You know, the usual. Anyway...I love this show more than any other in my entire life. I have my Tivo record episodes and even though I'm sure I've seen all of them several times, I still will watch an episode when I'm about to eat a meal, do some workout routine in my living room, or when I just want to kill 20 minutes.

It only makes sense, then, that I have a number of favorite moments and episodes. These are the first three that come to my mind, and I didn't really mean for these to be such sober ones either, but I guess there is something really memorable about the melancholy.

This one comes from a point when JD just said no to a woman (TCW, for those of you who are big enough fans to know that that refers to) who is just starting to get over the passing of her husband.



In this episode, Jordan's brother has just returned to visit his best friend, Dr. Cox, when they find out that his cancer is no longer in remission. He passes away during the episode. The first time I saw this one I cried.



And this last episode is when Elliot gets engaged to Keith. This one is my favorite episode above all others because it is really funny throughout, but then just so sad at the end. The episode is titled My Cold Shower and all of the guys daydream about what it would be like to be married to Elliot. All the guys experience some sort of sexual frustration and then it would flash to them in a cold shower. They're all funny up until the last one that features JD.

Anyway, this first clip is Turk imagining married life with Elliot...



And here is when Elliot finally gets engaged.



You know what really makes each of these clips so poignant is the music that they choose to accompany them. I know that at some points it's not the most appropriate show, but Scrubs has seen me through some tough times in my life. I don't think I've ever watched another show where I've laughed while also feeling so much real emotion as I do when I watch this show. I don't think I'll ever feel so attached to another program.

Here's to you, Scrubs.

2 comments:

Moomby said...

I very much agree with you that although this show is always goofy and entertaining, there is also a more profound set of emotions bubbling underneath the surface.

Rains said...

I love to watch this show and I saw its every episodes. Wanna Watch Scrubs Episodes online , then go through the link and get it now.