Monday, January 23, 2012

Can't Hold Onto Anything These Days

I used to kind of pride myself on not losing things. I'd forget things, or misplace things, sure, but I'd never actually lose things. My stuff had its places and I always knew where things were, although I can be absent-minded about remembering to take things with me. I'm bad at that.

But it seems that I'm bad at holding onto my stuff now. I blame marriage. Not my wife. Just marriage. That's the only thing that's really changed since I started losing EVERYTHING.

A few months ago I misplaced my wedding ring. Didn't have it for at least 2 months. Then all of a sudden I found it. Just sitting on the ground below my nightstand.

I thought I lost our GoPro chest harness, which had our tripod mount in the bag as well. I thought I might have left that in Vegas since that was the last place I can remember having it. It wasn't there. Wasn't anywhere. Then I ended up buying a new tripod mount. Turns out it was in my backpack this whole time. Found it this morning.

This morning I spent 20 minutes trying to find my keys. 20 minutes! I've NEVER been that person, but now it's happening all the time.

Now I can't seem to find my Ipod shuffle, which is actually a pretty big deal. I love having that thing on my long runs and I'm about a month away from ramping up my training for Utah Valley. I thought I left it in my office, but it turns out that it's, in fact, not here.

Ugh. I'm an idiot.

*UPDATE: Found my shuffle. In a pocket of my backpack that I would've never thought to look in if I wasn't actually looking for something else already. Phew. Doesn't change that I'm still dumb.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Sounds like all your stuff is in your backpack.

Maybe check there next time before freaking out. And I heard you lost your wedding ring in Vegas somewhere outside of the Thunder From Down Under show. That's just what I heard.