Saturday, January 4, 2014

2013: Year in Review

Man, I have really fallen off, haven't I?

The thing is, blogs are by far my favorite form of social media. You can communicate so much more. Post more pictures. I feel like you get a much better sense for people and I'm a weirdo in that I will actually read everything and look at everything that people post, of the ones that I like anyway. You guys probably know who you are. So here's to hoping that I get back on the train in 2014 with blogging.

So what was this last year like for us?

Pretty amazing. We had an amazing experience over the summer getting to spend it out in Michigan and seeing so much of the country. We got to visit friends in Mississippi and head down to New Orleans. I had my first taste of spring training and we saw Mike down in Arizona. I actually finished my Masters thesis and completed that degree (post forthcoming), and I am 3/4s of the way done with the MBA program.

I didn't run a marathon this year for the first time since 2007...really? Wow. But I may run one next year (this year?) depending on where we end. In fact, I kind of fell off with running for awhile there. Granted, I wasn't running several times a week, but for about the whole summer, I didn't have any regular running schedule. I definitely missed that a lot. I did run one half, trained for another and ended up not running it. Now I'm running again and hoping to run a half in April. Maybe March. We'll see.

I also got my lowest GPA this past semester. I really fell off the end there with trying to get my thesis ready to be defended (success!). And you know what? I couldn't care less. Last semester ended up being a lot more harrowing than I thought it would be. I didn't really care for any of my classes and I was probably overloaded (18.0 credit hours, eesh), but still managed to get through it all.

We got pregnant and are now only a couple of weeks away from meeting our little guy. Jane is amazing. I mean, really, truly, just so amazing. She brings us more joy than I could have ever imagined. I can honestly say that being a parent is the greatest thing to have ever happened to me, behind marrying my wife and joining the church. It's endless how much delight Jane brings to my life. I say it every day and absolutely mean it. It's incredible. Now I'm almost nervous if Jane set the bar too high for Peter (yup). We'll see, I guess.

Still not any more clarity with the job hunt, but things are moving and I imagine will pick up again as normal work weeks start again next week.

Can you believe how much your life can change in such a short time period? Unreal.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Always love to read your reports! What a great year. I need to do a year in review post too.