Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Week 17

Yeah, I guess I missed another week somewhere in there. The taper is so weird. I hardly run at all now. I did eight miles as my long run on Saturday on a treadmill. I'm surprised it was my first time on a treadmill.

If you're training for any kind of race, I'd have to say that training on a treadmill should be a last resort. The difficulty of running in such controlled conditions is nothing like running outside and on the road, not to mention boring. I did the full eight miles in under an hour, which is a quick pace, but the air wasn't as thin as it is outside. Conditions aren't as dry. It's just completely different.

I played soccer on Monday. I'm going to run for the first time this week tonight, and then run a couple miles in the morning, and then I guess I'm ready for Chicago.

I'm way pumped about getting to visit out there. I'm sure I'll have plenty to say post marathon.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Good luck on Saturday. You're going to kill it!!

cropstar said...

Ah! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Good luck on the race! And enjoy the taper :)

gregory said...

favorite quotation from a marathoner: "training for a marathon is one of the best things you can do for your body. running a marathon is one of the worst." good luck buddy and eat a hot-dog at the halfway mark for an energy boost!