Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hey Ya'll

Sorry I've been a little MIA the last couple of days. I've been a little overwhelmed with school, but I think I might get a stay of execution on at least doing the intro to my thesis because I'm changing my research question. So that buys me at least a few days. Phew! I really thought I was gonna die today though. I prepared my Sunday School lesson all morning, took my stats test that took me 3 hours, graded a bunch of crappy projects for a class I TA for, and read even more about sexual harassment. Just glad that I was able to buy myself more time. Part of me hates school, and another part of me really digs on it. I'll tell you one thing, I really do feel like I'm in the right place and doing the right things. Not that it's necessarily my favorite option, but it's an enormous blessing feeling like you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. I really think I my life is moving in a direction that I want it to go, and I think that's just an enormous blessing.

I'll have some more marriage stuff tomorrow. California members attending BYU have also been asked to participate in the phone calling and informing people about Prop 8, as well as urging them to get out and vote. I've gotten some good information back from you guys about Prop 8 stories so I'll try and put that together tomorrow.

I'm tentatively planning on doing the LA marathon with Greg, but training in the winter has me kind of worried. So we'll see. I finally ran on Thursday - first time since the marathon and my calf is still bothering me. I could start out alright, but I couldn't do more than 20 minutes running at a normal pace. Yesterday I ran again and this time the soreness came on sooner. I might have exacerbated the calf problem though by jumping rope yesterday too. First time in months, and so help me, I love it! I'm working on the matador move, and then the cradle. I still suck at doing the double-under. I just can't get the timing right.

Anyway, I found this sweet video on YouTube. It's pretty sick.


I saw Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist tonight. A lot more sexually oriented than I had thought it would be. Still kinda funny though. Also saw Run Fatboy Run, last week. Which reminds me...

So in that particular movie, they make the marathon out to be something so intimidating and lofty, and I really don't think it is. Maybe I'm only saying that because I'm on the other side of it now, but really...I truly, whole-heartedly believe that ANYONE can run one. I didn't send out that email and blog because I think I'm so great, extraordinary, or above-average because I ran a marathon. I think it's one of those things that's totally within all of our grasps, but we just don't realize it because we set it up so high. That was just a side thought...Well...gonna go practice the matador for a few minutes before I go to bed.

In the words of my favorite lunchtime radio talk show guy, Stephen A. Smith, who's not even on anymore, and who I couldn't listen to anyway...Be blessed ya'll! Peace!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa, that part with the bike? Crazy. And the end where they pass off the rope? Well, it kind of makes me want to jump rope now. Mission accomplished?