Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Well, we're back. I have to say, I think it's so much easier to adjust to the time difference traveling back west than it is to go east. I don't think I ever really got used to being on Germany time, but after just the first night back, I feel like I'm already back to MST.

The trip was a blast. Switzerland is beautiful. The one piece of France we saw was so quaint. And Germany was just awesome. I had repeatedly had the thought that of all of the places to live in Europe, Germany has to be at or near the top of the list. Stable country and economy. Beautiful countryside. Rich history, even if some of it is simply awful. But just all around great and near so many cool places.

Our trip involved the following:
  • 7 Rick Steve's walking tours
  • Hike in the Alps
  • A palace and 5 castles
  • 5 or more cathedrals
  • Unterlinden Museum in Colmar, Rise of the Nazi Museum in Nuremberg, and Museum of Torture in Rothenburg
  • The night watchman tour in Rothenburg
  • A bundesliga game in Stuttgart
  • At least 10 hours of Dominion
  • Many croissants, crusty roll sandwiches, some streussel, and some kind of turkey or pork steak with handmade noodles
  • And pictures. Many, many pictures
Amy is working on her pics, and I'll link to her blog and post some of those on here also, and I'll start working on my account of our time in Europe.

And that's your preview, folks.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Yep, that's a pretty good recap. Glad you are adjusting back with no problems!