Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Phoenix



Isn't that a great shot? I didn't take any video over the weekend, so I'll just go ahead and update on this trip. We cruised down last Thursday and came back on Sunday, so we really only had 2 days to be in Phoenix. And on top of that, somehow the 70-80 degree sunny skies departed for those two days and gave us clouds, rain, thunder, and even some hail. Can you believe that?

Our original intent in going down was to go for spring training. I've always wanted to go, but just never made it happen, and this year felt as good as any to get down there. Amy's brother is living down there, had an extra bedroom, we only have one child, and I can mostly take Fridays off and take off early on Thursdays, so everything just felt right to make it happen.

Highlights:
  • Tacos at American Taco Shop
  • The burger I had at Joe's Farm Grill, featured on Dinerss, Drive-ins, and Dives.
  • Skittles bowling
  • Seeing the Angels and Albert Pujols hit a home run
  • Pal-ing around Phoenix with Mike
Really, just hanging out with Mike, Amy's brother. He's so fun and I relate to him so well, so I have a really easy time being around him (which is true of all of Amy's family, but especially so with Mike). He was an awesome host and his roommate let us crash in his bed for our whole stay. I'm always amazed at how gracious people can be, even to complete strangers. And really, doing these kinds of trips and going to see someone in their digs and have them (or him) show us around is always so great. I can't say enough about how important I think that is for investing in relationships. It's such a fun way to do it, too. I'm so glad I'm married to someone who thinks it should be a priority too.

2 comments:

kanmani said...




Wonderful blog & good post.Its really helpful for me, awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!





Phoenix Web Design

Lisa said...

I can't wait to go to Phoenix and hang with Mike too!