Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Here We Go, Cougars

I'm a lot a bit disappointed about tonight. I bought tickets to the BYU v. SDSU game weeks ago in anticipation of this game. Our very own #9 team is hosting a #6 team and winner assumes the top position in the conference? Yes, please.

Only I realized last week that I have to teach a class tonight. So we gave away our tickets to Amy's brother and sister-in-law. Shame. I also walked past Jimmer on campus the other day. Nobody else really seemed to notice him. Funny how that works, right? I wanted to approach him because it would be cool to say when he gets to the NBA, I met that kid way back when...

Maybe some day.

Other sports comments:
  • The Angels traded for Vernon Wells over the weekend. Some of my friends are really sour on the trade, but I think this is something that actually returns them to prominence. I'm behind the trade 100%. They complain about the contract, but I applaud the acquisition of a legitimate 3 or 4 hitter in the lineup. How do they not realize that with just that move alone the Angels actually become a threat with their lineup again?
  • I'm a little bit in love with Aaron Rodgers. Is it because he spells his last name with a "d"? Yes, a little. But mostly it's just that the guy has had to take a pretty circuitous route to the NFL. He received zero scholarships out of high school, but still found his way to a good program. He made them legitimate, and then he had to suffer in agony while every camera was trained on him as teams passed over him in the NFL draft. He had to sit behind resident d-bag Brett Favre for several years before finally getting his shot as a staring QB in the NFL, and now there's no denying that he's one of the elite QBs. But what is it that makes him so endearing? I think it's the Facebook fan page dedicated to his TD celebration.
I am very excited for this year's Super Bowl. I'm a little bit dead inside because I can't get to tonight's basketball game. But it's no big deal. My teams are rockin' generally, and in the sport where my team faded off awhile, there is still someone awesome to root for.

Let's go Cougars and Packers.

No comments: