Monday, January 31, 2011

Love My People


So it's my best friend's beautiful wife's (Caitlin) Smurfday today and for some reason my feelings are closer to the surface about my loved ones today. Isn't she so pretty?

Here are five things that I just love about Caitlin:
  1. Her insatiable hunger for games. Really. It's like a meth addict type addiction for her. It's unreal.
  2. Her tendency towards a 10-year old type diet because I think I trend that way too. I know I do. She just loves treats and it's kind of awesome.
  3. She is one of the wittiest girls I know.
  4. She totally gets her husband's humor, and everyone does because he's funny, but she just rolls her eyes at it a lot of the time and I think that in itself is funny.
  5. She makes my best friend a much better man than he could ever be without her.
This morning I started scrolling through blogs of my friends and Amy's family, and I was really kind of overwhelmed with how much I love all of these people. I am excited to have some time in a couple weekends with Mary and Scott and Elisha and the kids. I am so excited to head back home this month, even if it's only a few days. I'm super excited to hang out with all of my buddies at the end of the month for a bachelor party. And one of the best parts about getting married next month is having all of my favorite people in one location to celebrate with Amy and I.

There's no greater satisfaction for me than the people in my life. Happy birthday, Caitlin!

(You too, Mike. You didn't get a blog shout-out, but I still want to go out to just a Silva and Mike Reid lunch this week, albeit, a couple weeks late.)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Awww, Silva! That brought a tear to my eye. I just might let you go first in our next game of trains . . . might. :)