Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Using Time Wisely

Usually that is not the case for me. I feel like I do a great job of just doing filler items. This last week though, I have been incredibly productive:
  • Prepared and taught what will probably be my final lesson in this ward and as a YSA, generally.
  • Home taught more than 10 different people.
  • Ran more than 30 miles in about 6 days.
  • Finally got moving again on my thesis and sent off my latest draft to my committee chairperson.
  • Helped move a girl in my ward.
  • Moved two sets of washers and dryers.
  • Finished a book.
  • Started eating super healthy again (for me at least). Two salads on consecutive days!
It's kind of funny to me how much I can get done when Amy is not around. And I wouldn't even necessarily say that it's because of Amy that I don't always get those things done, but I would say that it's because of her that I wanted to get them all taken care of before she came back.

It really is a great feeling to feel on top of things. This week really was the first week of good progress on my thesis since probably before the holidays. It's amazing how other things can just take over my life.

Well, she's back now, and I couldn't be happier, but I sure would love if I could merge productive me from this past week to getting-ready-for-marriage me that's been here for the last little bit. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: