Aren't those always so good? Admittedly, I struggled through much of Saturday's sessions. Still getting used to this sleeping next to someone else thing. Our temperatures are all off. I did really appreciate Priesthood session though, and I was quite alert for Sunday. Something really funny about conference: A friend of mine posted on Facebook the other day - Married By October. And then this follow up to that website.
Amy's dad made the comment to me when they Skype'd us on Sunday that I was probably breathing a sigh of relief. I was. It's nice to be on this side of the (wedding) veil. Although I do have some opinions about that, but that's for another day.
A few other things:
- The I Don't Care Bears of the Yahoo Fantasy Basketball league went undefeated this season en route to the championship. I don't know if you still come around here Jake, but in your face! When I come back next season I'll be better than ever. My guys went 104-36-4 over the season and won in the championship 6-3 over Justa Movin' and Shakin'. Those fantasy leagues are loads of fun and a nice distraction. On a related note...
- I hopped in with another friend into his baseball fantasy league. I haven't done baseball in several years because there are just so many games, but I'm looking forward to this one. The managers are more active, so it's just a bit more interactive. On another related note...
- Amy narrowly edged me out of our NCAA tournament bracket when UConn made the final. I wonder if this is the first time ever that everyone's tournament brackets were decided before the Final Four because NO ONE IN THE WHOLE WORLD could have guessed those teams. I think I heard on ESPN that two brackets, out of tens of millions, predicted that Final Four. 2.
- The funniest part about losing that bracket, though, was when I asked if I could polish off the chocolate milk and Amy made me say, "You know more about sports than I do." Funny girl.
- And what a game last night, right? More like dud.
- We got a buffet last night and put it all together. Have no idea what a buffet is when it's NOT referring to food? This is what we got. We just love it. It's going to look awesome with that painting hanging above it. I didn't feel like putting it together last night, but Amy prodded and I'm glad that we did. It looks great and it was actually a lot of fun getting that all set up.
- Finally got back into running last Friday after three weeks off. Previous to the wedding extravaganza I had several good weeks of running. I had gotten up to about 9 miles on my long runs, with about 4-5 runs each week. Then absolutely nothing. It killed me running over the weekend. I developed a huge blister and my legs are still pretty sore. The problem with all this is that I'm supposed to run a half marathon at the end of the month so I'm going to have to build my mileage pretty quickly. I also realized recently that I'm really planning on running the Deseret News in July, I should be starting on my training anyway. Yikes. And so running season begins...
- I still love it though. I had been developing some aches and the lay-off was helpful, I think. I've got muscle soreness now, but no joint or arch pain which I think is more important in the long run (yep).
That's all I've got for now. Have a good one, y'all!