Monday, April 16, 2012

Feeling Grateful

We had stake conference this last weekend and the Saturday evening session was dedicated almost exclusively to gratitude. It was great.

 It also happens to be something that I've been feeling a lot of lately.

On Friday I found out that I had been officially admitted to the MBA program, and although I had been kind of expecting it following the last time I took the GMAT, it was still a comfort to know that this is now a path that is set in stone. It's one thing to plan on applying, hoping for the best, sometimes even assuming it'll work out, but it's another once you've gone through the process, you've gotten letters and emails and everything is set in motion for that path to actually be trod upon.

Today I got notice that I'll also be getting some financial aid from the university, and though that's the case with many, maybe even most, admitted applicants, it just adds to the big pit of gratitude and debt that I owe to God and this university that I'll never be able to pay back.

Yesterday was my birthday, the 32nd such celebration. I got calls and texts, and normally I don't care much for them, but even the Facebook posts were nice. It's just nice to be remembered, and it is nice to hang out with people I appreciate, and will get to see again because Amy's birthday is also just a week away from today.

Anyway, I just can't believe the multitude of blessings in my life. I can't believe that I have been given so many opportunities to succeed. Not everyone has as many as I have been given, and I can't say enough about how much I appreciate all of it, to have such a supportive wife, and to have a baby on the way to boot. I am in great physical health, all of my family is doing great, and I have many people that I care about and who I feel like care about me.

What else could I ever want? It's amazing.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So excited about your official admittance to the MBA program. Glad you had a great birthday!! We are grateful for you in our family.