Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Having Such A Gay Day

I loved this comment on my last post by Laura:

and Amy, watch what you say, Chris loves Twilight! (side note on Twilight, Matt was asking me about the phenomenon and I was telling him the range of different kinds of people that read the book and I said "even some guys have read them" and he said "like who?" and I said "xander and chris" - xander is matt's friend who is pretty metro - and matt responded "yeah but those are 2 of the most feminine guys i know" HA!

And let me follow it up with this comment that I had actually left today on Amy's blog post about Twilight:

Agreed. What's always bugged me about the series is that Edward is somewhere around a 25 and Bella is probably a 7. And while it's nice that he's flawless, isn't it more romantic to be bound to someone because you're willing to stick with them in spite of how flawed they are? (Yeah, I have had a blogpost cooking on that topic for a long time). Anyway, I'm sure this won't live up to the book. Can anything be better than what I've imagined Edward's cold, chiseled, marble chest to feel like in my mind? Er...Bella's supple...oh well. I've already given myself away.

Couple of gay things about that comment. Not just my lust for Edward, but that I really do know about Twilight in the first place. And let's finish with this chat I had today with a friend:

vanessa: be honest, have you ever gotten a pedicure? i could really go for one right now

me: hahahahahahaha. oh man i've been feeling so gay today but i'm so glad that i can say no to that no to that one

So I think I was teetering, but the fact that I actually haven't had a pedicure puts me back on the hetero side - but just barely. Although I have had my cuticles kind of pushed in and done on my hands, but that's different because it's called a MANicure anyway, so it's cool right? Right? And that was from my then-girlfriend.

I really was having such a gay day today. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think my "gayness" is something to where you'd be like, "yeah, I'm not so sure about that guy." And then I wouldn't say that I'm metro at all. How would you classify me in this respect then? Hetero with a bunch of feminine qualities?

I think I share a lot of qualities with JD. I love that clip of JD in the bathtub because that could totally be me complete with the bellowing of Toto's Africa. I'm staying with the Reids next week during Thanksgiving. Caitlin, you better hide all your girly stuff.

I don't know if it's good or bad that I have no problems acknowledging how feminine I am or that Laura has no inhibition about making that comment on my blog.

Wanna know some other quick gay facts? Dave will remember this...the year after our mission we had a roommate move in and he had a loofa and we were both like, "what the heck is this? are we living with a chick?" And now we both use them. I also apply lotion after I shower. So what??? Who likes dry elbows? Not me.

4 comments:

gregory said...

hahahaa... aaaahahahahaa....haha...ha. oh man. i've had a pedicure and it was fabulous. i'd get another one if i felt like coughing up the bucks right now. how gay does that make me? silva you're just mature, cultured, hygienic, and well read - and that in no way means you're a stubble-on-stubble fan.

question, which end of the rainbow spectrum defines the gayest of the gays? is it the deep indigo, or the fiery red? or is there a moderately un-gay central lime green?

pizinge

Caitlin said...

Slumber party!

Laura said...

dang, i just wrote a long comment that didn't post.

i LOVE that you did a post on my comment. that made my day. remember i specially requested that back during the byu football comment controversy? i think most guys like girly things but just don't want to admit it, but i think it is fantastic (to a limit of course). hey, when girls like guys stuff it is super cool, so why can't it be the other way around?

Amy said...

Good news! You (or your writing) are 71% male...http://www.genderanalyzer.com/ analyzes your blog to see who is actually writing it.