Friday, December 19, 2008

Jubilation!!!!

I finished up this morning and I had totally forgotten the sweet release of being done with finals and the semester. It is seriously one of the best feelings in the world. I have snowboarding on my plate tonight, I get to go home to warm(ish) weather tomorrow, Christmas shopping, hanging out with Dave and Caitlin all day and night. I can go running whenever I feel like. I can read leisure-only books.

This is the part about school that's really great. With work there's a consistent feeling of dread. The Sunday night lows of having to go another five days until the weekend. No extended breaks in sight. With school, it never goes away, until very specific moments. And when it does, it's like the walls have come tumbling down and there's no holding back the jubilation.

You've seen The Family Man, right? I love that one too. There are a couple of parts in that movie that melt my heart. I can't believe I'm a guy sometimes. I swear I don't have woman parts, and I don't want to use the ones I have for things that they weren't intended for.

I've been trying to find a song that captures the level of excitement that I've been feeling, and I can't settle on one. It's interesting, but I'm really drawn to heavy beats, synthetic, guitars, whatever. Just anything that's up tempo and that tends towards higher keys.

Like I said, I couldn't settle on one, so here's one that I've been enjoying recently. See you later Utah, and see you soon home and people that I love!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Oh man that sweet feeling of relief was always so awesome. School, I miss you . . . sometimes.

Congrats on being free!