Monday, December 8, 2008

This Took Way Too Long

This afternoon I downloaded the Picasa 3 update and for the first time I noticed that you can make videos. I've been wanting this feature for a long time, but never really looked for it. So I just put together a folder of pictures and put a song to it and thought it shouldn't be long before I would be able to upload the video and have it running to post.

Wrong.

The biggest roadblock was that my video was too big to upload to YouTube because they have a 1 GB limit. So the first thing I did was cut out some of the pictures, but for whatever reason the total file size once the movie was created stayed the same. Then I got some image editing software that could resize the files. Although it was pretty easy to do single files, I had no idea how to do a batch edit since there were about 60 images in the video that I didn't want to resize one by one. after finally figuring it out, then I went back to the Picasa, tried creating the movie again only to have it turn out to be the same file size. I'm still not sure why that's the case.

Luckily, Google Video allows for whatever size files. So after a few hours of dinking around, here's a dumb video full of summer pics. And now there's something wrong with the embed code...I'm done.

Maybe this direct link will work...

No comments: