Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scrooged

I work as a teaching assistant at school. It has worked out well thus far because my professor hasn't actually expected me to work the full 13 weekly hours that I'm contracted for, although I get paid for it. This past week I got the opportunity to give my first college lecture. I prepared all of a half hour for it. The material wasn't difficult, but it's funny to me that I'm less intimidated by a class of college kids than talking to girls. Anyway, one of the things that I have to do that I hate the most these days is grade papers and tests. It just takes so much time, but I tend to hate it a lot less when I do it while watching movies.

Although it's the only Christmas movie I own, I realized yesterday while watching it that it's my favorite Christmas movie. By far, I think. I love the Ghost of Christmas Present. I love when he thinks he meets the Ghost of Christmas Future in the elevator. I love when he comes back from from his trip with the Ghost of Christmas Present and he starts yelling at the actors. But I just love the scene at the end when he's making his speech. This speech.

It kind of makes me cry. And so it begins...Merry Christmas everyone.

No comments: