Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sad Day

I have had this persistent cough for like two weeks. Last Wednesday I was playing soccer and I decided to just start playing, no stretching or warming up. Towards the end I ended up straining my hamstring. I didn't run or anything in the last week. Today arrives and I decide that I am well enough that I can try and pick up running so I can get moving on my marathon training. The first 2 miles are fine when out of nowhere I feel my hamstring twitch again. I walk for a few minutes before trying it again. It doesn't strain again, but I can tell that is is really tender. I walk home. I have never had to bail out on a run like that. I still have 16 weeks until marathon day, but I'm getting anxious to start putting on the miles. More than anything, I just want to be able to run just for the sake of being able to run. Instead I'm left feeling like this picture.

...well not quite, but I'm still disappointed.

No comments: