Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So I Love Seeing Just About Anything Live, Right?

While avoiding this final paper of mine, I've been scouring the interwebs for any interesting upcoming live performances. This is where more money would be nice. But there are a bunch of things coming up that I'd like to see including:
  • The Wailers - Bob Marley's old band. They're going to be performing the entire album Exodus on July 30th in Anaheim. Reggae is always fun to listen to live. Good music to move to.
  • Asher Roth in LA on July 26th...which is a Sunday. Boo. But in Utah on the 22nd, and Vegas the 23rd. Does anyone else know who he is? I need to go to a rap concert to round out my concert going experience. I like this song of his:

  • There is a number of 80s greats playing at the OC Fair. Does anyone else get excited about these bands like I do? Heart?? Rick Springfield! Duran Duran??? The problem is that I'd only really want to hear a couple of songs from each of these bands. But maybe it's worth $30 or whatever it is just to hear Whitesnake sing Hear I Go Again On My Own live. Maybe?
  • Def Lepard, Poison, and Cheap Trick in August. Come on! How awesome would it be to see the one-armed drummer??? You'd be surprised how many songs you'd be familiar with from all those guys.
  • And I have a confession. I kind of like Papa Roach. It might be one of those bands that I really like singing out loud to in my car. Simple lyrics and power chords resonate with me, what can I say? They're coming in August too. Quick story - in my last area in the mission when we'd come at home, the kid who lived in the apartment across from us would BLAST that song Last Resort. You know the one. It starts out, "cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort." The great thing is that music in English in Chile doesn't get edited at all, so we got the full brunt of f-words and the like. I didn't love that, but I secretly loved hearing worldly music. One of my first comps kept a list of songs in his journal that he wanted to listen to as soon as he got home. Maybe I did the same thing. Maybe music was one of the easiest things for me to adjust to when I got home because I missed it so much. And maybe I'd like to get some tats, dye my hair black, and go scream at a Papa Roach show. Maybe.
You know what I did this morning? I bought tickets to Brian Regan for when he comes out to Utah. In March! But they're pretty damn good tickets, and they didn't cost too much.

That's it for now, but I have another concert post brewing in me. This one is inspired by Kent. Stay tuned.

No comments: