Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Global Warning: Global Warming Is A Bunch Of Dog Terd


I was mentioning to my friend today about how annoying I think all the latest buzz is surrounding Global Warming and I made note of an article I read at Powerline some time ago about how in the 70's the trend was toward global cooling. It's a really interesting piece.

I think it's just super annoying is all. I love that people base their assumptions about global warming looking at only the past couple of decades as an indicator of fluctuations that have occurred over thousands of years. Millions of years depending on who you're talking to.

Read the article. Global warming is not something to freak out about. I don't dispute that maybe the average temperature of the Earth has increased by 1/2000th of one percent over the past ten years, but I do believe that it is within the normal fluctuation of the average temperature of the Earth over time.

I guess there is room to believe in something like this:

-The effects of greenhouse gases has been exacerbated over the last century or so because of the exponential growth of human population, in addition to exponential growth of technology and the waste that accompanies that growth.

While I think that may be the case, people are so conscious now of the potential calamitous effects of waste that I'm sure the efforts to combat global destruction has been making up whatever ground we might have lost over the previous X amount of years while we weren't aware of the effects that were taking place. Whatever harmful effects that might have been rendered over time will be made negligible over the course of time. When a planet is thousands, or millions of years old, what has occurred over maybe a hundred years time will have little to no effect on the overall outcome. Please be reasonable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It probably doesn't help that every night during the winter here in Wisconsin I PRAY for global warming...oops.

Silvs said...

I think the bigger problem is that you live in Wisconsin. Ouch.

Unknown said...

Ouch indeed.