Saturday, May 9, 2009

Welcome Baby Mason!

As most of you know, my best friend and wife have been waiting on this little guy for awhile now. He finally decided to show up - May 5, 2009 at about 8pm - about 8 days after the due date. As much as I was just hoping for him to pop out anytime while I was down in California, I'm really just glad that both he and his mother are as healthy as they seem to be.

Dave put up these pictures on Facebook yesterday and I actually started getting emotional just looking at them. It's kind of ridiculous how much I feel invested in this child, and I haven't even seen him yet. I wanted to limit the pictures to one or two, but I couldn't hold back so there are a few more:

I just love his face in this one.

I think this is my favorite picture of him so far. Not sure why. It just feels so serene and sweet.

The very proud, happy, and relieved parents.


Don't worry. I won't gush about him constantly, but there will be some controlled outbursts here and there.

I can't wait to you meet you next week, Mason. I love you guys so dearly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love yoo too uncle silba. Come kwikly to see me.

xoxoxo
Mase

Caitlin said...

Aw, Silva. We can't wait for you to meet him :)