Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Name Is MCA, I've Got a License to Kill

I know I'm a little late to this story, but I still wanted to say something about it.

Like a lot of other guys who grew up in the 80s and 90s, the Beastie Boys provided the soundtrack to much of my formative years. My earliest recollection of any Beastie Boy song is Fight For Your Right as it played during a scene in the Bobcat Goldthwait movie Hot to Trot, and the horse's party, Don, gets out of control and all of the animals are tearing the apartment apart. I remember my brother had the CD single of So Whatcha Want and listening to that pretty intensely in the early 90s. I've still got both of the CDs for Licensed to Ill and Ill Communication. Intergalactic was a huge hit the summer after my senior year in high school. They were never my favorite band, but I really do love a lot of their music. Great music videos. Catchy rhymes and good beats. I was saddened to hear of Adam "MCA" Yauch's passing last week.

One of my favorites:


No comments: