Monday, January 5, 2009

You Say Goodbye

And I say hello...to Utah. This place is cold. So cold. -12 on the drive back last night. It was a balmy -4 in Provo at 1:30 AM when I pulled up. Today it's a scorching 15 or so. Just 3 1/2 more years here, for sure. And winter is really only 2 more months. Just gotta make it through to March and I think I'll be okay. I can't believe I've already gotten through one semester to be honest. That felt so fast.

So I'm dumb and forgot my laptop power cord at Dave's so I might not get to blogging as much as I'd like to in the next few days. I have 19% power left. I am terrible with remembering little things. Big things, no problem. Little things, awful. Want me to memorize dates, names, anything else? I'm pretty exceptional. Want me to deliver a Christmas present that you got for my mom? I can remember by January 2nd if you remind me several times.

On the drive home yesterday I came up with a number of resolutions for the New Year, and about a dozen or so posts that I'd like to get to. I used to be so goal-oriented, but I've gotten away from that in the last few years. And it's not that I'm not accomplishing things, but I used to be much more explicit about it. But after a few different kind of proddings about what resolutions I would have coming up for this year, I feel like it's a good time to bring that back. That's for another post, however, just because I have an idea of what I'd like to include and I don't want to spend the next hour here on campus piecing it together.

You know what's kind of funny? How much planning I do for some of these posts. It's a lot sometimes. It may not seem like it, but I'm surprised at how much I think about what it is that I'd like to include. You know how in a job interview or some kind of personal essay some people like to put that they're detail-oriented when describing themselves? That's not me. I used to think that was bad, but I've figured out that being a big-picture kind of person is also a good thing so I'm pretty content with doing that. But if I had unlimited time and resources, I would do a lot with this blog, even more than I do now.

Want to know what's in store for the next couple of weeks on the blog?

  • Christmas thoughts/moments
  • Concert review (probably brief)
  • Sports
  • Maybe revisit the photo exhibit with some new thoughts
  • Depersonalization with new media
  • Resolutions
  • And much much more!

Something I did want to mention...

Camp Pendleton Mud Run

I texted anyone last night who I thought might be interested. It's actually a 10k, and it can be run individually or as a team. I'm afraid that if I just expect everyone to sign-up individually that no one will want to commit in January for a race that is in June. And you have to commit that early because it fills up so quickly. It's kind of pricey - $50 per person. No discount for team registration. Oh...the race is closed for June 6th. June 13th is available. If we're gonna sign up, it probably has to be in the next day or two. This will sell out in the next couple days so let me know...

So bye for now. I came across this video this morning through one of my RSS feeds. Anyone for wingsuit basejumping?



wingsuit base jumping from Ali on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anne said...

That mud run sounds awesome. There is one in VA that I almost ran last year. I think I need to just do it already. Have so much fun!

gregory said...

i will wingsuit base jump one day. oh yes, i will. don't tell my wife.

Dezi & Brock said...

You need to google 20 Seconds of Joy. Amazing story... it was part of the Banff Film Festival last year.