Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hi California

I just got in this afternoon. A couple of things:
  • I started listening to the So Cal talk radio as soon as I was close enough, and I had forgetten just how much I love listening to it. With the political shows, they actually broadcast the ones that I like in Utah too, but I'm just hardly ever in my car. You're just forced to drive so much more in California. As I was listening to Rush and Michael Medved, I started getting a familiar tense feeling as I heard some of the things going on in government and comments from some of the callers. I had forgotten just how much I get annoyed with how dumb some people can be. And it's not like I haven't been hearing about everything that's going on, but it just comes across differently when you actually hear people voicing those ideas.
  • Also on the talk radio vein - I love love love hearing the sports talk radio here. I can't believe how much I miss that. The LA radio people are just so much more entertaining than the Utah people, and of course the sports just interest me so much more. Who can really get excited about the Jazz? or Utah college football? It's so dry. Boring.
  • I listened to KROQ for only a few minutes, but I cannot believe how much better the music selection is here than in Utah. I simply cannot stomach the radio out there. It also helped that I missed KROQ's typical Foo Fighters-RHCP-Nirvana block that they so frequently play. Still, it was so nice to hear music that didn't all sound like Nickelback and Creed. Gross.
  • I love that it's so dang hot today. It freakin' snowed last week on my birthday. A lot. I'm so ready for warm-hot weather. I kind of wish it were going to stay that way.
  • Let's take in an Angels game this week? Let's party?
See ya.

3 comments:

Moomby said...

Welcome home! I agree, Dave Grohl is awesome and I'll listen to anything he's in. As for Red Hot Chili Peppers, I hope they never die! - literally. I hope they keep on!

Taylor said...

you cant diss Jazz fans when you're a Raiders fan!

Silvs said...

You are so unbelievably lame. You're from Southern California...how dare you not be a Lakers fan? I'm so tired of anyone even thinking that the Jazz have a chance in that series. It's one thing to be hopeful, and it's another to be delusional. I can love the Raiders, but I know they're more likely to be in the running for a top 10 pick rather than a playoff spot. Get off of my blog!