Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Homecoming - Josh Hamilton

For those who have followed my blog since at least last year, you all know that I love the Josh Hamilton story. You can find those blog posts here, here, and here. The quick recap that does absolutely no justice to the story is this: he was probably the best Major League prospect who was projected to be at least an All-Star, if not Hall of Famer, who became addicted to drugs, lost his career, family, everything, but found God and made his way back into the Major Leagues in a major way. I'm surprised I didn't post about what he did at the All-Star game last summer, but he ended up hitting 28 home runs in the home run derby which is just absolutely absurd. I caught that part live and the crowd and announcers were just going insane. It was the coolest thing ever, and I'm not even someone who loves watching the home run derby.

Anyway, I bring this up again because today ESPN is starting a new show called Homecoming where they do personal interviews with athletes in their hometowns. This is the first in the series, and it will probably be the best. I just don't think there is anything that can beat his story.

This link will take you to an article talking briefly about the series and his interview, and this link will take you to the show's website. They don't have embeddable videos on there, but you can get sneak peeks at what will be featured. The best part about the show may be the fact that they feature Kanye's song with the same name.

His interview airs today on ESPN and 7 pm eastern. I promise if you watch it that it will make you cry. Best story ever.

No comments: