Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sports Drama

I'm sure most of you don't care, but the Mavericks just got Jason Kidd today for basically half of their roster. This is the 3rd blockbuster trade in as many weeks, and I think they just keep on declining since the Lakers picked up Gasol. I think the Suns will miss Marion more than they think, and the Mavericks aren't going to be able to ride Kidd as far as they would like. And on top of all that, the Celtics made a huge deal over the summer to go from being the worst in the league to among the best. The playoffs this summer are going to be the best ever.

Today Roger Clemens testified in front of a committee regarding his alleged drug usage. The guy is such a dirtbag. His wife is accused of having been injected with human growth hormone, his teammates (Andy Pettite and Chuck Knoblauch), but he never touched the stuff? And both of the other teammates have admitted to using the stuff? Right. Makes for a great story though.

Spring training is opening up for baseball and I think I might go one weekend this year. Wanna come? I've been wanting to do this for like the last 5 years. No joke. Every spring I look at my schedule and look at the schedule and when I might be able to go. Hopefully this is the year it actually happens. And! I was talking with a coworker the other day and I'd like to fly out to New York one weekend just to catch a Yankees game at home against the Red Sox because this is the last year for Yankees stadium. Steve and Hillary are right there in Manhattan. It would be so great. Lots of great sports stuff. Lovin' it.

No comments: