Friday, December 7, 2007

Feels Like A Good Day Today

Sometimes when I’m at work, I’ll write my blog in an email window from Outlook so that I have the appearance of working. Pretty sneaky huh? This usually happens when I don’t really have a whole lot to do. And you wanna know why that is? I had a very good week and a half at work. As of last Wednesday we had about 12 open positions and I had about 250 employment agreements to draft up. So I finally got my act together and started doing work at work and it actually worked out pretty well for me. In about a weeks time we’ve been able to get seven people into background for the positions we had available, and then two of the other positions no longer need to be filled. Booyah! And I stayed late most of this week and cranked through those agreements and finished earlier than I anticipated. Now I’m left with little to do and we even get out a little early today in anticipation of our office Christmas party. So begins the Christmas extravaganza.

I’ve been trying to finish up my statement of intent for my BYU application and it has just been the hardest thing in the world. The funny thing is that I write all the time for this dumb blog, but when I need to actually put together something that has a lot of bearing on my life I can’t put together anything. I think that’s probably something that I’m going to be putting together while at work.

Anyway, does anybody besides Laura remember this joint from Ice Cube? It’s west coast rap so it might not fit your taste, and it really isn’t very appropriate, but oh well…it’s Ice Cube at his best. I love that even the cops showing up at his house can't ruin his day.


No comments: