Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Under My Thumb

Maybe you're wondering why I haven't had more political stuff lately. To be honest, I'm surprised that I've kept up my stamina with following the political landscape. Usually I'll follow for several months at a time, then get tired of it and move on to something else. I don't think there has been a whole lot to report on lately. Most of what's out there is all popular conservative voices combining against the Huckabee surge. Rest assured that if that guy wins the nomination, then just go ahead and write in the Democratic nominee as the next US president. The guy really just seems like a lightweight and he's just not equipped to withstand the intense scrutiny that he will go through in the running. Here are some recent comments Huckabee has made. Here is a link to some questionable pardons he's made. And then this one is talking a little bit more about people's distaste for Hillary Clinton. This is the original article as it run in the Washington Times.

Now for a change of pace. I've read a couple of really, really great church articles. This one is a talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell on becoming a disciple. And over here is Elder David A. Bednar's talk on living waters. More specifically he talks about how to transition from reading to studying to actually searching in the scriptures. I've read it a few times, but the part that stuck out to me this last time around was the insight he pulls from Lehi's vision of the tree of life. There is a difference that he notes in that story that I never really paid much attention to before he mentions it in this talk, but he talks about the difference between clinging and holding fast to the rod of iron.

Lately my scripture study feels like it has gone flat. I'm reading and studying, but I haven't felt like I've gotten a lot out of my study recently. This talk gave me some good insight and ideas on how to improve that and if you've been feeling the same, then I would highly recommend this talk to you.

Do you guys feel like there is a lot to be excited about? I do. I'm not even sure about what exactly, but life is good. Hope you're feeling the same.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yo soy emocionado . . . yo soy emocionado. . .


Y Yo se, Yo se, Yo . . . me gusta sopa.