Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just Some Things I Noticed

This is what's weird about Utah:
  1. People sit in the back of pick-up trucks and no one thinks there's anything weird about it.
  2. Everyone is white.
  3. So many kids. Kids kids and then young adult kids. I actually like that part.
  4. People park on the opposite side of the street all the time. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it just does.
  5. Grocery stores are so busy on Saturday nights and,
  6. You are only really allowed to go shopping if your significant other is accompanying you.
  7. The hyper-intense marriage/dating culture among a high concentration of mormons. Even program directors make hints about getting the need to get married.
  8. No helmet laws. Isn't that just the worst idea in the world? There are tons of people with scooters everywhere and no one rides with a helmet, even when they're doubled up. No guys ever wear any of the protective gear here on bikes. I've seen a lot of guys in just t-shirt and shorts. So weird.
  9. Everyone is on their cell phones while driving. I didn't realize how effective (and useful) the recently enacted laws in California were until I got up here and pretty much if a person is driving, that person is also talking on his/her phone.
  10. Yogurt places everywhere. Them mormons sure do love their frozen treats. These are the ones I can think of off the top of my head - Red Mango, Yoasis, Happy Yogurt, Spoon Me, Hogi Yogi....and I know there are at least a couple more. That's yogurt only. There's also custard here and ice cream, of course.

Here are some more gay things about me:

  1. I have a candle in my room. So sue me...I like nice smells.
  2. I was talking with Amy about where I should shop for some bedsheets and she had suggested TJ Maxx, to which I responded that they didn't really have anything. Then I clarified by saying that they didn't have anything that matched the comforter that I had purchased.
  3. I got a new bed on Friday (woo!) and it's just sitting on one of those universal metal frames, but now I feel inclined to get a bedskirt. 2 things about that, 1) I know what a bedskirt is, and 2) I feel like my bed needs it, because I think it looks chintzy without it.
  4. That I correctly used the word "chintzy."

4 comments:

cropstar said...

the fact that you recognize that the gay things about you are indeed gay somehow makes it not as gay... so, ya know... there's that.

Laura said...

i could go on and on about UT laws - or lack there of - for helmets, seatbelts, etc. It is a result of ultra conservatives, but seems very backwards.

anyway, love LOVE the gay list. thanks for the laugh.

p.s. you are gay

Unknown said...

What's a bed skirt?......and can you please give me the definition of chintzy.

Ta duck.

Matt

Unknown said...

Not even MY sheets match my comforter. You need help.