Monday, September 8, 2008

To Clarify

This is for Matt. They cover-up the box spring. I won't go so far as to have throw pillows. I just think it looks lame to have the box spring exposed and whatever you're hiding underneath your bed.

chintz-y, adj.
1. Of, relating to, or decorated with chintz.
2. a. Gaudy; trashy: chintzy merchandise.b. Stingy; miserly.

And I read this limerick on Jay Nordlinger's most recent Impromptu's. I actually laughed out loud when I finished it:

There once was a poet named Todd
Whose meter was seriously flawed.
His limericks would tend
To come to an end
Suddenly.

3 comments:

Salt H2O said...

Seriously, is this the most manly bedskirt you could find?

No wonder you connect so well with gay men.

If you're going to remain heterosexual and buy a a bedskirt it needs to have skulls and guitars- with out pleats. It's the only way to find redemption-

Either that or just cover your box springs with an extra large white sheet so it's a make-shift bedskirt- and totally not gay.

Silvs said...

I didn't bother trying to find a "manly" bedskirt. Is there any combination of words that would ever lessen the impact of the noun bedskirt itself?

I think what might be more important is changing the word itself, maybe something like box-skin, box-condom, or bedkilt. Something that implies something about the fact that I have male genitalia, and don't use it in some distorted way.

Douglas said...

i second the notion that that picture couldn't be more gay. you should have just scribbled a bed and with lots of scratchy arrows, pointed to the area in which the bedskirt is located.

I do agree that the word bedskirt (and throw pillows as well) were invented by gay men.

Well done, I wouldn't have spelled chintzy right without first spellchecking it.