- Ran 21-22 miles Saturday morning in about 3:05. Although during the run I wanted to die and never wanted to train for a marathon again, I was amazed afterward how good I was feeling, and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't figure out the next one I can run. I'm sure a lot of the credit goes to a nice little massage I got post-run, but I have little muscle soreness and no joint pain. I'm pretty excited about that.
- Went to a Latin American Festival instead of floating the river that afternoon, and I was really happy about that. I had a completo for the first time since the mission, empanadas, and a couple bites of some other latin treats. When I'm not speaking Spanish on a regular basis, I always wonder if I can just recall everything and get right back into it. Turns out that I can. It was fun walking around booths and having everyone assume that I was some sort of Hispanic and launching straight into Spanish. I was asked in church yesterday if I was Native American. Someone earlier this week asked if I was Polynesian. It's kind of fun.
You're stunned at how good it looks, huh?
- Already mentioned the soccer game Saturday night...
- Loved church yesterday. I've been feeling especially inspired/insightful lately and I love it. I have a couple of lengthy posts in process right now.
- Today I went wakeboarding for the first time ever with some friends of mine. Either it was beginner's luck or I'm super awesome, but I was able to get up on my very first try, although that ride didn't last more than a few seconds. I wasn't able to really do anything spectacular, but I was able to cross the wake in both directions. I was apprehensive at first about it, but now I'm kind of in love with it and wish that I could go all the time. I'm just sorry that summer is already over. I absolutely must live near a body of water, and I'm surprised to learn how content I could be with that body of water being not limited to oceans only, but including lakes as well. Of course we all know where my loyalties lie. I'm paying for it now though. Tubing killed my shoulder, and my forearms are so tight from gripping so much this afternoon, to the point that I can barely even use my fingers to type.
I'm just feeling good. I love the people in my life, and I'm just feeling so content. It's not so much the words, but the tone of this song that I'm feeling right now - content.