Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Yeah, It's Back

I still have mixed feelings about the having this during the Fall TV season, but I can't help myself when it comes to some of these dancers. The first dancer in this video, Ryan, tried out for last season's show and it came down to him and his brother, and they ended up taking his brother for the Top 20. He ended up making the final 3, which I cannot believe, but whatever, that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, what I really love about this audition is how artistic it is. The tapping is great, but I feel like there's a level of artistry in this that is just a little above and beyond. Following his audition, another tapper from last seasons has her audition, which ends up being a tap "battle" of sorts. It's really great.

Give the video a minute to load up. It took me some time to figure out how to do it, but I changed the embed code so that it would upload at the part that I liked, so it takes a second to stream to that point.



While passing time waiting in line, a friend of mine asked if I could be a professional singer or dancer, which would I rather choose. At the time I said singer, but I think I might have to go with dancer. I love the athleticism involved, but also creativity it allows for. I dunno, I guess my answer was influenced in part by the one that I thought would allow me to be more masculine, which I still think is singer. Maybe I could just be a JT hybrid and sing cool songs, but also be an awesome dancer. Like Usher? Or MJ?

No comments: