About four or five years ago this song became my October anthem, ushering in both the Fall season and Halloween. I'll probably listen to this song about 100-200 times this month, and I'll end up putting together another volume of current favorite songs of mine with other Halloween favorites. I'm not sure why I started loving this song so much. It's kind of silly, it's classic rock, and I guess those are reasons enough for me.
Yesterday I went shopping and put together most of my outfit for this upcoming Halloween. I won't pretend to keep any of you in suspense: I'm going with a classic zombie costume. I think the classic costumes are the best, if you do them right. So I went to DI and got a tweed jacket, shirt, old old tie, and shoes all for $18. I watched a makeup tutorial and bought some theatrical makeup. I think I'm almost ready.
I can't even tell y'all how pumped I am for this season. This is what's on the docket this month:
- The Odyssey Dance Company's Thriller - comes highly recommended from several good sources, and combines a couple of my favorite things: dance and all things All Hallow's Eve.
- Frightmares at Lagoon - I'm pretty sure it won't be as good as Knott's Scary Farm, but it'll have to do.
- An assortment of haunted houses and corn mazes
- Strung Out on the 30th - I went to a show they played the night before Halloween a few years ago and that was easily a top 3 favorite show of theirs. They came out in costumes and everything. Loved it.
- The Long Beach Marathon
- Playoff baseball - Go Angels!
- And I'll probably watch a dozen scared-filled movies during this month of October. I'll have tests to grade for the stats class I TA for, so that will be a good 8-10 hours of movies.
- And last, but certainly not least, learning the Thriller dance. I finally found someone as into learning the dance as I am, and we've been going through this tutorial that we found. So in honor of the late and great MJ himself, Thriller!