Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Best Part About Summer

I know. Spring only started a couple of days ago, but I can't help myself. I am dying for summer to start, and I think that what's spurring this summertime yearning from me several months early is the fact that one of my favorite things about summer - baseball season - is starting up next week. In just a few days in fact. Poor people not in Southern California have had to endure snow even as recently as over the weekend (Karen, sorry), but here it's been nice and moderate for a week or two now. One of the most treasured and hallowed places also associated with summer is the beach, obviously. What can make those two any better? Impossible you say? How about beach whiffleball my friends?

I can't even tell all ya'll how pumped I am. Yesterday I got into a conversation with Dave about how for whiffleball this summer, every person should have his/her own customized bat. It would be so awesome. There could even be a batboy and an on-deck circle. There are so many possibilities with this. At the very least we need to get a bunch of whiffleballs so that we can have a home run derby. I think we should even go so far as to have a prizes, or at least a crown for the HR King. Think it over...
I really wish I could explain better what it is that's so great about the beach and baseball. I think maybe it just comes down to the simple fact that while there are obviously dance-parties-a-plenty at the beach, they are both places that it doesn't really matter what your company is like, you can have a good time. It's as easy to enjoy a nice conversation at a baseball game or at the beach, as it is to watch the game or jump in the water. There is just a wonderful amalgamation (that's right, I just correctly used that word, what's up!) of being able to chill with your friends, or get totally wrapped up in what's going on around you. So let's kick off this spring by getting overly excited about this upcoming summer. Shaaaaaaa-wing.

No comments: