Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Let's Talk About Leftovers

First, I think it is out of my comfort zone - Laura - because my whole life is here now. None of it is in Utah, and it hasn't been for several years. And the comfort of a steady paycheck is going to be quite a contrast from living on a student budget again. It's just a different Provo at 28 than it is when you're 18. Wow, as I typed that just now, I'm realizing that it will have been nearly 10 years since I went up the first time. That dates me.

Here is a post on a recent conference on global climate change. I like anything that basically states that global warming is a myth. The conference that has been ongoing for the last few days and reflects the most current research science has to offer on the topic. This is a graph from the conference:
Would anyone who lives anywhere it snows think that there is a trend toward warming temperatures? I'm looking up at you Utah people, and Karen who lives in the Algonquin good land. I would think not.

Is anyone else pumped for opening day? After strongly asserting that we didn't make it out last year for Opening Day at Anaheim Stadium, I realized today that I was sorely mistaken. We really should get out for it. Hot dogs and cookie ice cream sandwiches are calling for me.

I've been really digging on the 25th Annivesary edition of the Thriller album by Michael Jackson these days. Do you remember when you began your love affair with MJ? I think mine began when I was about 12 I got the Dangerous album and the Black and White video debuted on Fox following a Simpsons episode. Do you remember that? I liked him previous to all of that happening, but that was the first album of his that I actually purchased on my own. Do you think anyone is as comparably popular as he was back in the 80s and early 90s? I think the closest it comes is Justin Timberlake.



Pretty soon I'm going to post on the war and not just keep advertising it. I promise. You can bet that one is going to have tons of links. I know you're dying in anticipation right now.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

So we did go to opening day last year? Chicken necks?

Taylor said...

there is zero evidence of global warming based on the weather this winter in Utah. It has been the heaviest winter in over a decade. Some guys Ive talked to who grew up here said they dont ever remember a winter like this. Also, have you noticed that Al Gore only pokes his head out and toots his horn in the summer? Seriously, where has he been the last few months? Just mysteriously disappears from news completely for months at a time? Not typical for a ex-vice president, oscar winning, Nobel prize winner. Its cause he has nothing to base his argument on this time of year. But when everyone is hot, he can go out and say that and people are like, "Yeah! It is hot! global warming!" You'll see, once summer starts again the debate will heat up...pun intended. Looks like I have a lot to say on this. Maybe my next post will be global warming.