Thursday, March 27, 2008

I've Seen a Million Faces, and I've Rocked Them All

When I first became friends with Dave and our posse of friends in junior high school...before I go there. I just remembered that we actually did refer to our group of friends as a "posse". And our gang sign - I don't really know how else to refer to it, because that's essentially what it was - was a closed fist with the pinky extended. Chris Cornwell even went to the extent of drawing a pictorial representation for anyone who couldn't remember or who were instructionally challenged. About that same time a movie called Posse came out, and although I don't think any of us ever saw it, that became our rallying flick. Anyway...so when we started hanging out, it was 8th grade so we were about 14 years old. As for most kids that age, most of our conversation focused on the opposite sex. When we talked about girls that we were really into, we would say Allison Rubino is rad, but we would draw out that word rad and put a lot of emphasis on it. So I thought Jennifer Meyerson was rad. For the last few years, I have had a hard time feeling like there were many girls that were rad. And somehow in the last couple months, I feel like I can't stop running into them. It's just fun is all I'm saying. There really are just a lot of great people out there, and I'm glad that I feel like I've finally opened my eyes up to that.

Life is good. I'll get into this probably over the weekend, but I feel like all around me so much travail has finally given way to the fruition of great blessings. People I love, who I feel like have been struggling with hard things, are finally able to see the payoff of all their heartache. I just love seeing that.

And you know what else I love? Playing soccer. It wasn't even that great last night. I didn't get on very many good teams so I never had an extended run, but after not playing for the last few weeks it was so much fun to get out with the boys and just be aggressive and screw around and play. I seriously live for that.

No comments: