Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gunsmoke

Last weekend was seriously one of my favorites in years. I got to go see my two favorite bands in concert, and I got to go shooting. I don't think that I've been actually since before Mike Reid had left on his mission. We went this time around for Mike Liu's birthday. In addition to the shooting festivities, one of my favorite people from BYU happened to be in town over the weekend. I was lucky enough to get to meet him and his beautiful wife, and adorable baby boy. He had this really cute blonde hair that was just standing straight on end and he was really smiley. It was so fun to catch up with him, and recount to his wife embarrassing stories about him that he hadn't bothered sharing with her before. It was great. I think I mentioned before, but he even came to the show which was a surprise, also. I had a very manly day to compensate for the heightened sensitivity that I seemed to be experiencing last week - I had the two punk shows, shooting guns, changing trailer tires on my mom's boat, and gym session. Anyway...I mostly just wanted to put up the pic with the guns. Plus I think it's been awhile since I've put any pictures on here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Silvs said...

You mean sweet Suzie Liu? Yes, you're right. She's got that crazy poly upbringing to thank for that toughness that she has, that I never will.

Caitlin said...

You guys got licenses to carry those guns? And you know I'm not talking about the shotguns.

Which way is the beach?

:)

gregory said...

ooh, the presence of deleted comments titillates my curiosity...

I'm still in the ICU recovering from a severe face-melting at the Strung Out show. 3 cheers and a chest-bump to being an incredible weekend! (I got surfed at the UL show and high-fived Jason Cruz and caught a drum head at Strung Out - biatch!)