Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sporting News

I'm loving the NFL right now. The weird thing is that I haven't even sat through one entire playoff game yet. I don't think that has ever happened to me. The one game that I did catch a good amount of was last week's Vikings v. Cowboys game. I knew that Brett Favre had a good season, but I had no idea how good until I saw his numbers - 4000+ yards, 30+ touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 68% completion percentage. That is unbelievable. Serious. Even in his best seasons he would be hard pressed to match that feat. This season is by far his best touchdown-interception ratio, by far his highest QB rating, and his highest completion percentage ever. For everyone that ever complains about him and his on again off again retirement thing, wouldn't you pay money to see him play or sit glued to the TV anytime his team is on? The guy is so fun to watch. And not only that, but he really is just a big kid who loves the game, as evidenced by this video after last week's win.

The coolest thing is that he really does play his entire game shooting from the hip. The best moment of last week's game was when the Cowboys blitzed and he throws one of his Brett Favre entire body throws and it lands perfectly in the receiver's stride right around the defender. It's just so cool to see.

The Angels picked up Joel Piniero. Yay? He's okay. He'll be another Jon Garland or Paul Byrd - log lots of innings, have about a 4.00 ERA, back of the rotation guy. I think I'm gonna go to this dinner with Mike Scioscia next week. That should be interesting.

The Raiders still suck.

The Lakers are good, but I'm a little concerned. They have a lot of nagging injuries. Tonight will be a fun game though.

How about them Cougars basketball? Don't worry. We'll lose in the first round of the tournament.

I thought I was going to have more to talk about with sports, but I'm just kinda not in the mood. I was all set to be really, really excited for both Conference championship games in the NFL, but then the Chargers just laid down and let the Jets walk all over them. The NFC game should be awesome, and I just hope the Jets don't go to the Super Bowl. That would be way boring. But the part I may be most excited about is that I'm gonna make the Reid specialty dip with lots of cheese and junk. It's soooooooooooooooo good.

No comments: