Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How Very Perceptive

I was reading Jay's Impromptu's article from today, and I loved this last item that he included from a reader:

Jay,


My son, who is 16 (and attends boarding school), reads The Economist each week. Last summer, he wrote a letter to the editor, because the tone of every article is so anti-Israel. He said to me, “Mom, don’t they get it? Don’t they see that Israel is our aircraft carrier in the Middle East?” This boy is teaching himself Arabic and wants to be a translator for the Special Forces.

That line made me laugh in surprise. It's amazing that more people don't understand how important Israel is to us. And this from a 16 year old. He could be a sophomore in high school. Impressive, right?

I was watching Almost Famous over the weekend, and I loved this line from it:
The only true currency in this morally bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.
For whatever reason that line just really jumped out at me.

It's a short one today, dear ones, but I hope you're having a great day.

No comments: