Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Christmas Cali Highlights

In no particular order:
  • Running in California - I can't believe how much easier it is to breathe here. Humidity makes all the difference in the world, and normally running in the early afternoon would kill me as far as the temperature goes, the temperate Mediterranean climate of the OC made it a nice time to run. Best part though=running passed the strawberry fields and breathing in that fresh aroma. I had never smelled it that strongly before, and for so long.
  • Finally winning a game of trains. I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to do that.
  • 8 or so hours at the beach on the third. I managed also to extend my annual tradition of getting a ticket on Summer Christmas by losing track of time and forgetting to fill the parking meter. $53 later, and I'm just glad it wasn't the $200 cell phone one I got last year. Newport at 15th street worked out perfectly, I thought.
  • Big whiffle ball game. Although I didn't feel on my game, it was still so much fun to have EVERYONE play.
  • Loved the mid-60s water temperature. I wish I would have spent more time in the water than I did.
  • Angels Big Bang fireworks. Turns out that this would be the best show we'd get for the weekend.
  • Seeing my dad. Normally, I don't have a need to go see him, but it turns out that I actually kind of missed the guy.
  • Seeing the rest of my people.
I just love home. I love California freeways. I love how the air feels. I love what it looks like down there. I love the people that are down there. I just love it. Love all of it. I hope I can get at least one more weekend or so of beach time before the end of the summer.

I only wish we got more pictures.

No comments: