Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm Too Sexy For...Southwest

You all heard about the girl who couldn't get on her flight because her outfit was deemed "too sexy," right? I think the Southwest people overstepped their bounds when they asked her to change her outfit. When you see it, I would agree that it is revealing, but that's not something that is specified as a requisite for being able to fly. However, I do have an issue with her attitude toward posing in Playboy. One article can be found here, but I'll leave an excerpt and see what you think about it:

Ebbert worked at a Hooters in San Diego but said wants to become an attorney,
and doesn’t think posing nude should get in the way of her professional
aspirations.

“This was beautiful and classy. I don’t see why it would
affect a professional position,” she said. “I’d do it again in a heartbeat.”

I meant to post about this subject way back when I first started this blog, just about female sexuality in general. The topic then was spurred by Amanda Beard's decision to pose nude for Playboy, also. How is it that they don't see anything wrong with posing nude? You do no favors for the female gender by allowing yourself to be objectified by men. That's the bottom line when it comes to those kinds of things.

A particularly wonderful researcher, Dr. Judith Reisman, has studied and written much on the topic of media and sexuality. I would highly encourage you to visit that website and read some of her stuff. It's really interesting and really eye-opening as well.

No comments: