Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why Is Heroes Ending So Early?

I was wondering that last night after the episode finished and then it said that there were 3 episodes left. Last season it went on like a 2 month hiatus and so I thought that maybe that would be the case this season as well, and maybe that is what they were alluding to. Turns out that was the original intention of the writers. However, external factors are bringing the season to an early close.

Yup, the writers' strike. I didn't think I would be so affected by it, but they hit me where it hurts most. My most beloved show is going to premier the season finale December 3rd due to the strike. Apparently they were slated for 24 episodes this season, much like last season. However, up until the strike they had only shot 11 of the 24 shows. The 11th is an alternate ending. You can read more about it here.

This is a dark, dark day in Mudville my friends. Let's have a group fast that the strike will end and disaster will be averted.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

The writer's are in the right, and although I support them I don't want my shows to end! Visit unitedhollywood.com for info on the strike from members of WGA.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the writers are right...I think they are stupid. Perhaps they do deserve more money, I don't know, but the way to get it isn't to act like a child and throw a temper-tantrum and "refuse to eat your vegatables at dinner" That is just childish.