Thursday, June 5, 2008

Are You Ready For Some NBA Finals?

I'm super excited about the Finals, but this week I had to stop listening to a lot of sports talk radio because pretty much the only thing they're talking about is the series, which has yet to even happen. How many different ways can you say the same things over and over? Apparently you can do it for a whole week. I just got tired of it.

I say Lakers in six. And obviously my allegiances are with my boys that have a name that makes absolutely no sense. A bit of trivia for yous...why are they called the Lakers anyway? Comment for me. I'd love it if you came up with something absolutely absurd. Anyway...but this video is so classic so I totally have to overlook the fact that it's of Larry Bird. It's a bunch of highlights set to Small Town by John Cougar. It'll get you pumped up. If you're a dude.

4 comments:

Dave said...

Isn't it cuz they were originally from Minnesota--the land of a million lakes or something like that?

Dave said...

sweet mullet Larry. Sweet mullet.

gregory said...

dave - it has nothing to do with minnesota and the plentiful lakes there - they chose 'lakers' because the 'supergays' was already chosen. LA loses in six I say, ooh OOH!

Anonymous said...

blenders blend. mixers mix. toasters toast. well, the lakers lake. its a verb, german for "we'z gonn kick yo ass."