Friday, June 20, 2008

SYTYCD Week 2

I have a sad story. So remember how I got tickets for Wednesday's show and was going to watch the magic happen in person? I even lied to get off of work early. You know what stinks about getting older? All the people I know are responsible and won't just drop work at the drop of a hat. Or I guess there is also the fact that they even have jobs in the first place, or have families, etc. The only people I know with irregular schedules are Dave and Mike right now, so they journeyed up to LA with me. As it turns out, there IS a dress code which for some reason I didn't bother confirming so we wouldn't have gotten in because of that, but the main reason was that we showed up late to the taping. Because I'm dumb, I assumed that having a ticket meant that would guarantee admission. Here's the thing...I'm sure it's overbooked in the event that idiots like me A) show up late, and B) come underdressed. Dammit. Oh well. The worst is that now I'm back to the line in the waiting list.

Anyway...on to this week's top 18. I'm not going to go over everything, but does it feel like to anybody else that they're pairing up partners according to strength? I think it's coincidence these past two weeks that there have been no eliminations that mix up partnerships, but I think it's mostly because they're matching them up accordingly, know what I mean? I never thought Suzie should have even gotten into the Top 20. I never liked her. And I really don't like Chris. I wish he was eliminated last night too. I thought he was terrible in that Krumping routine, and it's not that he's too effiminate, but he's just too...wussy? I dunno. I just don't like his dancing at all.

I really think Courtney is super cute, and I like Gev, but neither of their dances have impressed me. The more I see of this couple, the more I like them:


She is really good, and for some odd reason, I just really like Mark. I don't normally like the tango that much, but I thought this one was really strong.

I think the pairings are really good. They seem to match the people up really well. Twitch and Kherrington have looked really strong the past couple of weeks. Twitch just seems so down to earth. I really like him. And she's so pretty, although I feel like the judges are more impressed with her face than with her dancing. She's still good though. I think it was going to be impossible for anyone to hate this dance with all the backstory to it. Luckily, they did pretty well with it.

Of all the couples though, I think these two have been the strongest for me. Joshua is so smooth, and even though I was so annoyed with Katie like everyone else probably was, she's turned out to be pretty good.

Will seems pretty awesome too, but I'm not as in love with him as the judges are. I wasn't able to find the Shane Sparks opening sequence from the results show. And as always, these videos will probably be down within a few days, so enjoy them while they're here. I think what's been most surprsing about this show for me has been how strong the male hip hop guys are, and then how weak the male contemporary guys are. It seems like the hip hop guys are going well outside their expected range, and then the contemporary guys can't handle anything that isn't right in their wheel-house. With the exception of Mark. I like him. I guess Will counts too, but it seems like he's probably a master of all of the styles.

2 comments:

Laura said...

wow, that sucks for you. and i was even looking for you in the crowd! yeah, if only i would have come i would have told you that you gotta get there early. remember how i got to AI at 10AM! well, if i get tickets, perhaps i will give you one...or just rub it in your face. we will see.

Valerie said...

It would have been really easy to spot you in the middle of all those 13 yr old girls! Too bad you got shunned, perhaps it was bc of your age and gender.