Friday, June 13, 2008

Nice! Tickets!

So I wasn't all that excited about this movie because of the last one, which was alright, but mostly boring. I haven't watched it since, so maybe my opinion of it will have changed since then. But after hearing a lot of the buzz and seeing how favorably it's been faring amongst critics, I'm getting pretty geeked up for the second big comic book movie of the summer. I'm kind of thinking a double feature tomorrow is in order. Yup, I want to see The Happening. What can I say? I love Milford Night Shamalamalan's work, even Lady in the Water. I know, most people thought that one sucked, but I like his imagination and the way he uses humor in his films. I think it's pretty clever most of the time. Kind of like how I dig on the way Brad Pitt does humor. Not your typical jokes, but they do subtle things that resonate with me.

I saw Groovaloos last night and let me tell you - AWESOME! You guys have to go see it. I'll be writing more about that one. I think I might do a Blogcritics post even though it won't get any love.

Lakers? Yeah...glad I didn't watch that game. I have a post a-brewin' about being a sports fan as well. Perhaps also destined for Blogcritics.

Oh...and guess who has 4 tickets to this Monday's taping of So You Think You Can Dance? Woowoo! So gay...You know what I've been doing lately? I've been watching the show scouring the audience for the other guys in their late 20s who are attending. Yes, there are others. Laura...you want in? So far I have 2 extra tickets...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great Blog! I'm totally obsessed with So You Think you Can Dance too. How in the world does someone get tickets? I've been googling for more info, but found your site first, so I thought I'd ask. =)

My sister went 2 years ago, but her friends gave them to her. She has no idea what the process is like..too bad.

Silvs said...

I don't know if you're tracking this comment, but I just did a post that answers your question.

Laura said...

i thought you weren't offering - or is that because you know I can't go? Dang palm springs and the 110 degree weather here.

Silvs said...

I was totally offering. Old me was much more sarcastic, I think that's probably what you were used to. Like I said in the text, I think of all the people I know, you'd probably appreciate it the most. Plus we don't get to see you enough. Now I gotta find who to give the remaining two spots to...

gregory said...

HAHAHAHA! Milford. Poor guy, his middle name is so much more mysterious and cool. Milford! Dah!