Tuesday, June 17, 2008

John Galt's Oath

I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Have you guys read Atlas Shrugged? It is one of the most compelling arguments advocating the morality of rational self-interest.

I've been trying to be a little bit more productive at work today, but I couldn't help looking over some items on the economic plans laid out by the two presidential candidates.

Guys...if you're not outraged that Obama could very well be the next president, then you're not doing enough to follow what's going on. If you're at all concerned about the economy, escalating gas/food prices, and taxes, then all of that should be reason enough for you to get in an uproar about what could happen over the next four years with him as president. Seriously.

Everything that the guy talks about in his economic plans is wealth-redistribution based. It has nothing to do with merit, and heavily taxing punishing the most fiscally productive members of society is not going to incentivise them toward investing more of the increasingly smaller incomes that they have. Allowing them a deserved larger share of the economic pie is in our best interest because it is in in their best interest to continue to scare up more business and more profits. It just is. More business means more jobs, more profits, and a larger pie that everyone can share.

Is it funny that all of those pie analogies from American Heritage just totally clicked for me? I haven't even thought of that stuff in 7 years since I was in that class. At least not in pie terminology. I'll have more later...on a couple of different things.

4 comments:

gregory said...

I second the motions of reading Atlas Shrugged and analyzing how dumb Obama's platform and ideas are. Seriously. Can't we do some sort of a re-do? I think I may end up moving to a secret country-mansion location in Colorado known as 'The Meadows' - it's where the Pentavirate meets.

Anonymous said...

Predictions were right about Obama

Anonymous said...

There seems to be alot more John Gault in folks then they would like to admit! As for my wife and self, we have both taken the oath and yes the "Turd with a Tie" has turned out to be as bad, no worse, than we suspected. I have asked many left leaning individuals, "How's that Hope and Change working out for you"? and they can't seem to answer at all..
I don't quote Tom Hanks, because he is one of them, however, the shoe fits, "Stupid is as Stupid does"!!

Ann said...

I am all for the productive to have a larger share of the pie, but the corporate greed and bail-outs stink of Jim Taggert and his cronies.