Thursday, June 26, 2008

SYTYCD Recap Week 3

Okay, is it just me or was last night amazing? There were 8 dances, and I thought at least 4 of them were almost perfect. The first season I thought a couple of the people were good. The second season I really liked the final 6-8 dancers. Last season I thought was pretty decent, but I didn't LOVE any of the dancers like I did from the second season. Sabra was awesome, but I didn't think the top 4 was outstanding. With the exception of Sabra, I had some kind of hang-up with all of them. This season...it's crazy. I'll watch the first dance and think to myself, oh man, that's my favorite couple. Then the next one comes and I find myself saying the same thing, and throughout the show I'll be saying that 3-4 times a night. It's crazy. This one with Mark and Chelsea was my favorite for the night. I forget what their names are, but the choreographers who do this dance are awesome. I just love everything that they've done so far:


I love these two, but I didn't think that this one was their best. I didn't love it as much as the judges did, but I thought it was pretty good:


I don't love watching the samba all that much, but I think Katee and Josh have been killing it week in and week out. Josh is really, really good. He is so incredibly smooth in his own style, but then with everything else that he's been given he has just been owning all of it.


As always, I love anything done by Tyce. I really wanted this piece to work, but Chris just sucks. I think I could have really liked it because the song was so different and everything about it had the potential to be so provocative, but then they just blew it. I hope Chris gets eliminated this week for sure.


And then this was my other favorite performance of the night. Will is amazing. He really is. He kind of reminded me of Danny a little bit too much, but this dance clinched it for me because that personality really came out and he can't miss with anything that he's performing. I like Jessica a lot. She's super sweet, and is quite the looker.


The quick step sucked. I wouldn't mind if that couple got eliminated. I actually might take Comfort over that girl. I liked Matt and Courtney's piece. That seemed to be their best performance by far, but I don't think it's post-worthy. The rumba was pretty decent, but it wasn't enough of a rumba for me. Is it so gay that I feel like I can actually say that and know what I'm talking about? The answer is a resounding "yes." Plus...Courtney is hot. But I thought Dominic and Sabra did a better job with the rumba last year, and the songs really make a big difference in how much I like the dance. I didn't care for that rumba song at all, but they did a pretty decent job.

All in all, this week was really great. I loved at least something about every single dance, except for that quick step. I just don't care for either of those dancers, and they didn't even do a very good job. I can't seem to pick a favorite, so the only thing I'm really going for is for certain people to be eliminated. Let's hope that Chris and the black girl not named Comfort get the boot tonight. I keep watching that Chelsea and Mark dance and I keep on loving it. The choreography, the song, the performance, all of it was just spot on. Good week team!

1 comment:

Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Not commenting on the dancing--although I do enjoy it too.

Just wanted to wish you the best with your training for the Chicago Marathon.

As you said, it's very challenging, but as marathoners we learn a lot about ourselves along the way and of course on race day.

Keep up your great training.