Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hearts On Fire

Don't worry, this is only a short running post. I went running last night and did 4 miles, but it was my new shuffle's debut. I don't know how shuffle does it, but it picked out some winners on my run yesterday. My favorites came from the Rocky IV soundtrack. First, No Easy Way Out came on, and later in the run I was treated to this one:


I love that video because it's the movie footage and has all the sounds, which I like almost as much as the visuals. I wish that the clip would have gone for five more seconds because the best part is when he gets to the mountain top and yells out "Drago!" It's so freakin' awesome. It's so silly, but watching that video gets me SO pumped up. You can catch him say "Dra!" but it cuts out.

One of my favorite mission companions was a guy I trained and we were in a little pueblo outside of Santiago for three months together. On our P-days we used to talk about Rocky and we would get so pumped up talking about the movies, and laughing about the homoerotic beach scene celebration with Apollo in their tiny little shorts. Hearing those songs really got me going. For me, it's kind of like that Nike commercial I posted a couple months ago that's the training montage for all these different athletes set to the music of Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution. Why don't I just post it...


That stuff totally gets me revved up though. I was talking with a friend about running the other day and she said "the best is when you go on those runs that just kick your butt." I loved that response because not a lot of people appreciate that, much less girls.

No comments: