Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just A Couple Of Things

Was reading Jay Nordlinger's Impromptu's again, and found these items:

One subject I’d like to be done with, for now, is bumper stickers — we’ve devoted a lot of time to it in this column. But I’d like to bring up one more — brought to my attention by a reader. The sticker says, “Don’t Pray in My School. I Won’t Think in Your Church.” Is that the most pretentious and arrogant sticker of all time? Of all time? Quite possibly.
I mean really, truly, so very offensive. For all the stuff I hear about liberals from conservatives voices, while a lot of it is attacking, it is never so belittling as what comes from the left. Never.

Have you guys heard of the Born Alive Act? It is an act that provides protection for those babies that survive late term abortions. Basically, in spite of attempts to end its life, should a living baby be expelled from the mothers womb it means that the baby won't be killed after that point. Even for pro-choice people it would seem that this would be something that they could support...right?
Not Obama. He voted to block it. But remember, this is also the guy who doesn't think teenage girls should be "punished" to have kids and should have abortion available on demand.

I know you might discount my opinion because I am pretty hard right when it comes to my politics, but Barack Obama is way to the left even for people who lean left. He supports same sex marriage, increasing taxes (especially for the rich), universal (socialized) health care, abortion on demand, not just big government, but huge government, negotiating with dictators and withdrawing from Iraq immediately, and everything far left of center. He represents a tiny sliver of those people whose viewpoints are the most extreme of anyone. Please realize this. He does not represent your interests.

Saw this a week or two ago and I thought it was really clever. You know who put it together? The RNC. It's a play off of the massive popularity of Obama's facebook page. If you Google the term Facebook, his page is the second result to come up after the website itself.

And for something a little bit lighter, but still Facebook related, check this out:

2 comments:

Amy said...

hahaha..that's hilarious!!!

Dave said...

I found that to be highly comical.